Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > computer locks up for no reason? how do i find out why?

computer locks up for no reason? how do i find out why?

brian

i have xp pro and it seems to lock up on me if i leave it idle. it
happens on and off the net? i am no computer wizard but i know it
should not be doing that! Please help me on how i can try to fix this
issue.

thanks

brian

Michael-NC

Lock ups can be due to heat, which you can check with a monitoring program,
by making sure the fans are spinning and the heatsink is not clogged with
dust. Memory errors which you can check with memtest86 or a faulty, erratic
power supply which you can check with a multi-meter.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...