Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > No noise

No noise

Michel

Hi, is there a computer out there which uses no cooling fans. Computers are
getting faster but making more and more noise. I'm willing to sacrifice
some speed for some rest

Jerry G.

There are some systems designed for special applications where noise is a
critical factor. The only problem is that the cost is too expensive for the
average user, or even the average business user.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Michel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
Hi, is there a computer out there which uses no cooling fans. Computers are
getting faster but making more and more noise. I'm willing to sacrifice
some speed for some rest

Michael-NC

There are but they are pricey. The most mainstream example is from Voodoo
PC. No fans in the system

http://www.voodoopc.com/systems/f50.aspx

"Voodoo RAGE F-50 Advanced Personal Computer is a totally silent PC
featuring *NO FANS* whatsoever. The RAGE F-50 uses a new technology which
allows us to eliminate all the fans in your PC, including the Power Supply
Fan. Constructed of heavy gauge aluminium, the Voodoo RAGE F-50 is designed
for the most discerning PC Buyer. If you're looking for a PC with amazing
performance, luxury aesthetics, and runs silently, then this is certainly
the PC for you"

"Michel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi, is there a computer out there which uses no cooling fans. Computers

are
> getting faster but making more and more noise. I'm willing to sacrifice
> some speed for some rest

Michael-NC

Also check out Zalman, they make the case the Voodoo uses. That would be a
_hell_ of a home-built.

"Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UsIec.8710$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> There are but they are pricey. The most mainstream example is from Voodoo
> PC. No fans in the system
>
> http://www.voodoopc.com/systems/f50.aspx
>
> "Voodoo RAGE F-50 Advanced Personal Computer is a totally silent PC
> featuring *NO FANS* whatsoever. The RAGE F-50 uses a new technology which
> allows us to eliminate all the fans in your PC, including the Power Supply
> Fan. Constructed of heavy gauge aluminium, the Voodoo RAGE F-50 is

designed
> for the most discerning PC Buyer. If you're looking for a PC with amazing
> performance, luxury aesthetics, and runs silently, then this is certainly
> the PC for you"
>
> "Michel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Hi, is there a computer out there which uses no cooling fans. Computers

> are
> > getting faster but making more and more noise. I'm willing to sacrifice
> > some speed for some rest

Night_Seer

Michael-NC wrote:
> Also check out Zalman, they make the case the Voodoo uses. That would
> be a _hell_ of a home-built.
>
> "Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:UsIec.8710$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> There are but they are pricey. The most mainstream example is from
>> Voodoo PC. No fans in the system
>>
>> http://www.voodoopc.com/systems/f50.aspx
>>
>> "Voodoo RAGE F-50 Advanced Personal Computer is a totally silent PC
>> featuring *NO FANS* whatsoever. The RAGE F-50 uses a new technology
>> which allows us to eliminate all the fans in your PC, including the
>> Power Supply Fan. Constructed of heavy gauge aluminium, the Voodoo
>> RAGE F-50 is designed for the most discerning PC Buyer. If you're
>> looking for a PC with amazing performance, luxury aesthetics, and
>> runs silently, then this is certainly the PC for you"
>>
>> "Michel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Hi, is there a computer out there which uses no cooling fans.
>>> Computers are getting faster but making more and more noise. I'm
>>> willing to sacrifice some speed for some rest

The case costs as much as the computer though...you have to really pay
for no fans.
--
Night_Seer