Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Win XP Hard Drive Format Software

Win XP Hard Drive Format Software

Fudge

I have to reformat my 160 G hard Drive and reload Win XP Home Edition and
need the software to do so. Anyone know where to get the code? Any other
advise as this is a scary procedure.

TIA
Farmer John

Yosimite Sam

Just boot the computer with the disc in the drive. Then follow the
directions.

--
Yosimite Sam

"Fudge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g2yec.2067$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I have to reformat my 160 G hard Drive and reload Win XP Home Edition

and
> need the software to do so. Anyone know where to get the code? Any other
> advise as this is a scary procedure.
>
> TIA
> Farmer John

HF

Go to the mfrs website and get the instal software.This will take care of
partition - format and copying.

"Fudge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g2yec.2067$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I have to reformat my 160 G hard Drive and reload Win XP Home Edition

and
> need the software to do so. Anyone know where to get the code? Any other
> advise as this is a scary procedure.
>
> TIA
> Farmer John

---

Fudge

Uh, Sam, I don't have the software.

F.J.

"Yosimite Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Just boot the computer with the disc in the drive. Then follow the
> directions.
>
> --
> Yosimite Sam
>
> "Fudge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:g2yec.2067$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > I have to reformat my 160 G hard Drive and reload Win XP Home Edition

> and
> > need the software to do so. Anyone know where to get the code? Any other
> > advise as this is a scary procedure.
> >
> > TIA
> > Farmer John

Plato

Fudge wrote:

> Uh, Sam, I don't have the software.

Dont have what software?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Night_Seer

Plato wrote:
> Fudge wrote:
>>
>> Uh, Sam, I don't have the software.

> Dont have what software?

Windows XP ITSELF is the software your looking for...put the CD in and
then reboot, it should start from the CD rather than the hard drive, if
it doesn't report back and we'll go further.

--
Night_Seer

Night_Seer

Night_Seer wrote:
> Plato wrote:
>> Fudge wrote:
>>>
>>> Uh, Sam, I don't have the software.

>> Dont have what software?

> Windows XP ITSELF is the software your looking for...put the CD in and
> then reboot, it should start from the CD rather than the hard drive,
> if it doesn't report back and we'll go further.

When I say CD i mean the windows XP CD that came with your computer.

--
Night_Seer