Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Deleting 'duplicate files on C + D on HD,but not dll's

Deleting 'duplicate files on C + D on HD,but not dll's

fredcromer

Is there any way,or any harm in deleting the copies of files that are
duplicated from my HD C: drive.that are also on my HD D:drive....the HD is
4 gig..i've got 1.3 left on my C: and 1.9 on the Dbut thts only about 2,9
gig, so does that mean it's not real?), anyway i remember someone saying,
"whatch out you don't also delete your system .dll's on D: when deleting
duplicates......is there a way round this , so i can delete all unwanted
duplicates ?? THANKS for Taking the time to read this, Hope u can HELP!! as
my comp keeps shutting down on me. due to insufficient memory..( i think ),
Cheers All, FRED C

---

HF

Yes delete duplicates but what about getting a bigger hard drive.You will
get less headache
"fredcromer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:407aa93c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way,or any harm in deleting the copies of files that are
> duplicated from my HD C: drive.that are also on my HD D:drive....the HD

is
> 4 gig..i've got 1.3 left on my C: and 1.9 on the Dbut thts only about

2,9
> gig, so does that mean it's not real?), anyway i remember someone saying,
> "whatch out you don't also delete your system .dll's on D: when deleting
> duplicates......is there a way round this , so i can delete all unwanted
> duplicates ?? THANKS for Taking the time to read this, Hope u can HELP!!

as
> my comp keeps shutting down on me. due to insufficient memory..( i

think ),
> Cheers All, FRED C
>

> ---

---

Plato

fredcromer wrote:

> duplicates......is there a way round this , so i can delete all unwanted
> duplicates ?? THANKS for Taking the time to read this, Hope u can HELP!! as

There is NO way to tell if a .dll is really an _un-needed_ dupe besides
using common sense. ie you can NEVER trust ANY app to do this
automatically for you.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/