Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > second hard drive

second hard drive

Jerry

I have installed a second hard drive (f) to my pc purely for video editing.
I want to install pinnacle studio dv onto this drive but the pc
automatically tries to load it onto the (c) drive. How do i force it onto
the (f) drive. I am running xp home, also the 2nd drive has not got an
operating system on it as i dont think it needs one. Is this right ??
thanks

---

bearman

"Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c577rb$rrk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have installed a second hard drive (f) to my pc purely for video

editing.
> I want to install pinnacle studio dv onto this drive but the pc
> automatically tries to load it onto the (c) drive. How do i force it onto
> the (f) drive. I am running xp home, also the 2nd drive has not got an
> operating system on it as i dont think it needs one. Is this right ??
> thanks
>

> ---

Doesn't the install program, at the screen that says it's going to install
in a certain directory, give you an option of installing it somewhere else.
Maybe that option pertains just to C: drive; I've never tried to install on
a different drive but who knows.

I don't think the 2nd drive needs to have an OS on it, Mine don't.

Bearman

dennis

I installed pinnacle studio 8 on my system. If I remember correctly the
docs advised to have the video's on a second drive, not the application. If
you have the space on your master drive it should be ok to install it there.
Mine works like a champ, the only complaint I have is the rendering is
really, really slow. I don't have a screaming system (P4 2.4/512/533) but
it is really slow.

No you do not need a copy of your os on the second drive. You will probably
need to format it though before it is useable. when I installed my second
drive (xp pro) it was very straight forward.

When you do add your second drive, I'd suggest putting it on the other ide
bus from your boot disk.

Dennis