Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > USB memory

USB memory

Fredrik Moen

Hello!

I am in the market for a 128 or 256 mb memory chip that you connect by
USB. Does anyone have any experience with these? I never owned one of
these before, so I really don't know wich model to buy. I would be
thankful for all responses..

Fredrik

Mike

We have several usb jump drives (all different brands) and they all work
great. Lexar is good. Really, I haven't heard anything bad about any
particular brand. Just remember that if you are using win98 you need 98se
and need to install drivers. Otherwise, on later os just plug in and use.
Mike

"Fredrik Moen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> I am in the market for a 128 or 256 mb memory chip that you connect by
> USB. Does anyone have any experience with these? I never owned one of
> these before, so I really don't know wich model to buy. I would be
> thankful for all responses..
>
> Fredrik

Ulvaeus

BELKIN are usually a good make. I have a Belkin 64MB model and they're
pretty good. 128MB are about 40 nowadays. If you have Windows 2000/XP they
will automatically detect in Windows and the drivers will be installed, and
then it's just a case of plug n play, but if you have Windows 95/98/ME then
the drivers supplied with the USB memory stick will have to be installed.

Thanks

Ulvaeus

"Fredrik Moen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> I am in the market for a 128 or 256 mb memory chip that you connect by
> USB. Does anyone have any experience with these? I never owned one of
> these before, so I really don't know wich model to buy. I would be
> thankful for all responses..
>
> Fredrik

Fredrik Moen

I run XP, so the drivers won't be a problem. Thanks a lot for the

Fredrik