Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Is there ACDSee ini file?

Re: Is there ACDSee ini file?

Jones

>I use version 3.1, and there is no .ini file. Why do you want to know, just
>out of curiosity?

I use the version 6 and I have to unistall ACDSee, with ini file I can
preserve the old configuratio.
I make a mistake?
Thanks

bye Jones

VWWall

Jones wrote:
>>I use version 3.1, and there is no .ini file. Why do you want to know, just
>>out of curiosity?

> I use the version 6 and I have to unistall ACDSee, with ini file I can
> preserve the old configuratio.
> I make a mistake?
> Thanks
>
> bye Jones

ACDSee Ver 3.2 keeps its info in the registry in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACDSyatems\ACDSee32

If the un-install deletes that key, you could export it as
a .reg file before the un-install, and import it after the new
installation. I do recall earlier versions having an .ini file.
With most programs using an .ini file you can copy the old one
someplace safe, and copy it over the new one after the re-installation.

Virg Wall
--

It is vain to do with more
what can be done with fewer.