Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > wireless download problem??

wireless download problem??

mike

I have a wireless card on my laptop, it connects to the web thru my cable
modem on my main computer. for some reason I cannot download anything from
the net..the save as screen doesnt pop up, just a basically blank page with
a red, green and blue medallion in the left corner..anyone have any ideas??
does it have to do with proxy settings?? how do I fix??

---

DeMoN LaG

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:i6cdc.1680$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a wireless card on my laptop, it connects to the web thru my
> cable modem on my main computer. for some reason I cannot download
> anything from the net..the save as screen doesnt pop up, just a
> basically blank page with a red, green and blue medallion in the left
> corner..anyone have any ideas?? does it have to do with proxy
> settings?? how do I fix??

Your problem is likely unrelated to the wireless card. You probably have a
corrupted IE installation, try going to add/remove programs and picking
Internet Explorer from the list and picking "Repair"

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

mike

already tried that, repair made no differance??
"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> "mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:i6cdc.1680$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I have a wireless card on my laptop, it connects to the web thru my
> > cable modem on my main computer. for some reason I cannot download
> > anything from the net..the save as screen doesnt pop up, just a
> > basically blank page with a red, green and blue medallion in the left
> > corner..anyone have any ideas?? does it have to do with proxy
> > settings?? how do I fix??

> Your problem is likely unrelated to the wireless card. You probably have

> corrupted IE installation, try going to add/remove programs and picking
> Internet Explorer from the list and picking "Repair"
>
> --
> website: http://www.demonlag.com
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk

---

Plato

mike wrote:

> I have a wireless card on my laptop, it connects to the web thru my cable
> modem on my main computer. for some reason I cannot download anything from
> the net..the save as screen doesnt pop up, just a basically blank page with
> a red, green and blue medallion in the left corner..anyone have any ideas??
> does it have to do with proxy settings?? how do I fix??

In the meantime you might want to try a different browser until you get
the one you're using fixed.