Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > floppy can't be acceded.

floppy can't be acceded.

Plato

OK this isnt a joke. Just started getting some letters reporting this
odd message
below when trying to use their floppy drive. Only a few hits on google
also.

Or maybe it is a new joke program?

Yes, the message folks get is exactly as below LOL

Happens on XP Home PCs

"floppy can't be acceded.
Check another application . don't use it"

Cat Ables

In article <407406c0$0$170$(E-Mail Removed)>, |@|.| says...
> OK this isnt a joke. Just started getting some letters reporting this
> odd message
> below when trying to use their floppy drive. Only a few hits on google
> also.
>
> Or maybe it is a new joke program?
>
> Yes, the message folks get is exactly as below LOL
>
> Happens on XP Home PCs
>

> "floppy can't be acceded.
> Check another application . don't use it"

I'd first check it for virii, just in case, then disable the antivirus
program and try again. And make sure the disk isn't for BIOS flash or
something, for a firmware upgrade. Good luck.

Thor

The only time I've heard of this happening is when some other program is
tying up access to the floppy drive. Sometimes antivirus programs that
monitor the floppy drives might do this.

news:407406c0$0$170$(E-Mail Removed)...

Cat Ables wrote:

> > "floppy can't be acceded.
> > Check another application . don't use it"

> I'd first check it for virii, just in case, then disable the antivirus
> program and try again. And make sure the disk isn't for BIOS flash or
> something, for a firmware upgrade. Good luck.

thanks

Plato