Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > 2 printers

2 printers

Ronald Murray

Hello
I bought an old printer(BJC8000) To use for printing photos. I hope I can
still buy ink for it.
Can I hook up 2 printers at the same time? My tower has only 1 printer
input. Is there a wye type connector that can be used to hook up both
printers at once?
Or , is there a way I can connect one of the printers into another input
like USB or whatever else is behind there?
Thanks in advance.
ron

The Ancient One

"Ronald Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vrGcc.16566$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> I bought an old printer(BJC8000) To use for printing photos. I hope I can
> still buy ink for it.
> Can I hook up 2 printers at the same time? My tower has only 1 printer
> input. Is there a wye type connector that can be used to hook up both
> printers at once?
> Or , is there a way I can connect one of the printers into another input
> like USB or whatever else is behind there?
> Thanks in advance.
> ron

If your second printer has a USB connector that is the easiest way to add
extra printers.

Ronald Murray

If your second printer has a USB connector that is the easiest way to add
extra printers.
It does not have the USB connector.
Thanks.
ron

Chet

I had a similar problem where I had two printers and a scanner, both
requiring the same parallel connection. The scanner was a feed-thru so that
I connected it to the printer I used most.

I bought a Belkin switch that would switch the Parallel port to the other
printer when I needed it. Worked fine for a long time until I got a new
printer with USB.
"Ronald Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vrGcc.16566$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> I bought an old printer(BJC8000) To use for printing photos. I hope I can
> still buy ink for it.
> Can I hook up 2 printers at the same time? My tower has only 1 printer
> input. Is there a wye type connector that can be used to hook up both
> printers at once?
> Or , is there a way I can connect one of the printers into another input
> like USB or whatever else is behind there?
> Thanks in advance.
> ron

Thor

you can buy a parallel printer switch box, and switch between the printers,
or (and this is the better way) buy a parallel port card, (Lava makes some
of the better ones) install it in your computer, and you'll have a second
parallel printer connection. There is also the possibility of adapting a USB
port to a parallel connection with a special adapter and software, but some
printers do not work well with these.

"Ronald Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CXIcc.16639$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If your second printer has a USB connector that is the easiest way to add
> extra printers.
> It does not have the USB connector.
> Thanks.
> ron

Jerry G.

If the printers are too old for USB ports, you have to add a parallel port
card for printer. The card is very easy to add. You simply open the case of
the computer, and insert the card in to a blank slot. When the machine
starts it will tell you that it found new hardware. Follow the prompts to
install it. You will require to install the driver that comes with the new
parallel printer port.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Ronald Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vrGcc.16566$(E-Mail Removed)...
Hello
I bought an old printer(BJC8000) To use for printing photos. I hope I can
still buy ink for it.
Can I hook up 2 printers at the same time? My tower has only 1 printer
input. Is there a wye type connector that can be used to hook up both
printers at once?
Or , is there a way I can connect one of the printers into another input
like USB or whatever else is behind there?
Thanks in advance.
ron

Mikey

Don't know if anyone of you remeber my problem with the T-1801 and not
getting it to boot up and run. I finally reformated the syestem and
tried to reinstall windows but it will not do that at all talks about
needed partitions and all. Can anyone help me in getting this thing
back up The wife is looking at it as trash

HonestJohn

"Mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94D078CF6D383dehibsadalsuudyahooc@63.240.7 6.16...

> Don't know if anyone of you remeber my problem with the T-1801 and not
> getting it to boot up and run. I finally reformated the syestem and
> tried to reinstall windows but it will not do that at all talks about
> needed partitions and all. Can anyone help me in getting this thing
> back up The wife is looking at it as trash

Boot your PC using a Windows 9x emergency recovery disc. After the PC has
booted to the A: prompt type 'fdisk' (without the quotes) and follow the
instruction, using the default settings for a single partition. When it has
finished format the disc using the 'format C:' command. Reinstall Windows.

If it will not reformat in the usual way, there is an undocumented procedure
that deletes all partitions and applies a low-level format to the drive,
effectively returning it to it's factory fresh state. But, only do it as an
absolute last resort!

Plato

Mikey wrote:

> Don't know if anyone of you remeber my problem with the T-1801 and not
> getting it to boot up and run. I finally reformated the syestem and
> tried to reinstall windows but it will not do that at all talks about
> needed partitions and all. Can anyone help me in getting this thing
> back up The wife is looking at it as trash

Smart wife BTW but your problem is easily fixed tho I'm confused how you
got it to format but now you're getting a "partition" problem.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Mikey

I have tried to Fdisk but it keeps telling me that their is no disk to
fdisk