Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > DVI Flat monitor cable

DVI Flat monitor cable

Peter Maurice Cram

Recently I purchases a 19" Sharp Flat screen monitor. It came with the
standard VGA monitor cable. The monitor and my video card support the DVI
connection, so I purchased a Flat screen DVI cable for my computer. The
problem is that as soon as I hooked my monitor and video card and booted my
computer up, I have a red back ground. Everything has a red tone. How do I
change it back to the way it was before?

Peter Maurice Cram

"Peter Maurice Cram" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Recently I purchases a 19" Sharp Flat screen monitor. It came with the
> standard VGA monitor cable. The monitor and my video card support the DVI
> connection, so I purchased a Flat screen DVI cable for my computer. The
> problem is that as soon as I hooked my monitor and video card and booted

my
> computer up, I have a red back ground. Everything has a red tone. How do

> change it back to the way it was before?

Sorry! I was checking my manual, and I need a 24 pin DVI-D cable. I
purchased a 18 pin DVI cable and I believe that is the problem. Sorry again
but this is my first LCD monitor. All I ever had before were CRT's.