Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > What are 'rars'

What are 'rars'

fredcromer

I needed an unzip program, pref freeware, but can someone tell me what are
'rars' and is winzip included in my windows milleniun edition? Cheers y'all,
English FRED C

---

Thor

..RAR is compressed archive format, not too unlike .ZIP. There are many
programs out there that can handle .RAR and .ZIP, as well as a host of other
archive formats. WindowsME has built-in support for zipfiles, but not .RAR
files. I would suggest getting WinRAR or some freeware alternative that can
handle most formats. Go to download.com and search for .RAR or .ZIP and I'm
sure you'll turn up several good programs.

"fredcromer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4072d736$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I needed an unzip program, pref freeware, but can someone tell me what are
> 'rars' and is winzip included in my windows milleniun edition? Cheers

y'all,
> English FRED C
>

> ---

Plato

fredcromer wrote:

> I needed an unzip program, pref freeware, but can someone tell me what are
> 'rars' and is winzip included in my windows milleniun edition? Cheers y'all,
> English FRED C

Ultimate zip does them:
http://www.ultimatezip.com/download.htm

--