Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Activated ADSL interfering with regular Internet Calls?

Reply
Thread Tools

Activated ADSL interfering with regular Internet Calls?

 
 
John
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2004
Hello.

I just wondered if it is possible for a UK BT Phone line which has
just been activated with ADSL to have problems when trying to connect
to the regular internet?

My ADSL company I signed with still haven't contacted me to sort out
the broadband despite charging my card weeks ago. I have been having
trouble connecting to regular dial-up internet though recently and
thought it may be because of this. I always seem to have a message
down the phone saying that "the number you have dialled has not been
recognised" even if it is correct. Also the regular internet stopped
working through the Phone line socket of the ADSL micro filter I have,
so I just had to connect it directly to the phone line. It is not a
problem with the actual filter because I have a few different filters
and it is now the same with all of them.

Hopefully I'll have this broadband sorted out once and for all soon,
if I can get through to them on the phone. It's unbelievable the
number of ISPs out there with shockingly poor customer service.

Cheers for any help

John
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rv!
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2004

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I just wondered if it is possible for a UK BT Phone line which has
> just been activated with ADSL to have problems when trying to connect
> to the regular internet?

Yes this happens in my case also.
Dialup is getting a much slower link speed due to the BB signal,
even when the correct filters are attached.

> My ADSL company I signed with still haven't contacted me to sort out
> the broadband despite charging my card weeks ago. I have been having
> trouble connecting to regular dial-up internet though recently and
> thought it may be because of this. I always seem to have a message
> down the phone saying that "the number you have dialled has not been
> recognised" even if it is correct. Also the regular internet stopped
> working through the Phone line socket of the ADSL micro filter I have,
> so I just had to connect it directly to the phone line. It is not a
> problem with the actual filter because I have a few different filters
> and it is now the same with all of them.


Listen to the line without a filter. The phone should work, but sound
distorted (clicky and scratchy) if ADSL is enabled.
>
> Hopefully I'll have this broadband sorted out once and for all soon,
> if I can get through to them on the phone. It's unbelievable the
> number of ISPs out there with shockingly poor customer service.
>
> Cheers for any help
>
> John



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Allan Birnbaum Ditlevsen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2004
why would you want to use dial-up and what do you mean when you say "regular
internet"??
with your ADSL you should have recived a 'splitter' and some sort of
'ethernet/ADSL box' if this is the case remove your dial-up modem and just
connect thru your networkcard to 'box' and 'box' to 'splitter' and
'splitter' to wallplug!
if it does not work I will deny any knowledge of your actions.
"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I just wondered if it is possible for a UK BT Phone line which has
> just been activated with ADSL to have problems when trying to connect
> to the regular internet?
>
> My ADSL company I signed with still haven't contacted me to sort out
> the broadband despite charging my card weeks ago. I have been having
> trouble connecting to regular dial-up internet though recently and
> thought it may be because of this. I always seem to have a message
> down the phone saying that "the number you have dialled has not been
> recognised" even if it is correct. Also the regular internet stopped
> working through the Phone line socket of the ADSL micro filter I have,
> so I just had to connect it directly to the phone line. It is not a
> problem with the actual filter because I have a few different filters
> and it is now the same with all of them.
>
> Hopefully I'll have this broadband sorted out once and for all soon,
> if I can get through to them on the phone. It's unbelievable the
> number of ISPs out there with shockingly poor customer service.
>
> Cheers for any help
>
> John



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fluorescent light interfering with ADSL Kev Computer Support 27 01-27-2008 06:14 PM
Config for cisco 1841 with one adsl for internet and one adsl for vpn jmf@iutbayonne.univ-pau.fr Cisco 0 10-29-2006 08:31 AM
IP Stack no activated. andym@jse.co.za Cisco 3 08-24-2005 11:11 AM
How configure a couple of cisco 2621xm with ospf and hsrp activated Max Cisco 0 01-18-2005 10:58 PM
How to create a client activated remoting object in an MFC Client Max-Ph. Blickenstorfer ASP .Net 2 01-29-2004 04:54 PM



Advertisments