Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > deleting cookies!!

deleting cookies!!

fredcromer

Is it safe to delete 'cookies' , even the ones that the user who had the
computer before me, stored??..I've deleted ones that NoAdware said were
'severe' but that was only 13 of 'em....what about all of them to free much
needed HDisk space...after all, I've got only a 4 gig HD..All the
Best...English FRED

---

AOL.com

Greetings,
The only difficulty with deleting cookies is you may have to register each time
you go to certain web sites. You may of course exempt them from deletion.
The biggest problem is with the index file.
I delete all cookies weekly and also clean index file using spider 116.
Address is:
http://www.fsm.nl/ward/spider116.zip It is freeware and I have used it for a
year now. The previous edition did not clean out the index file, this one does.
At the end of the week I may have 48kb in the index file. When spider gets done
there is the original 16.
I urge you to go to preferences and check entire hard drive and click every box
there. You will be shocked at how much you have in cookies that you had no idea
of. Delete all and start over. As I said, I run it every week.
The application is perfectly safe.
Richard