Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Internet connections faster than a cable modem

Internet connections faster than a cable modem

Bradley Burton

Is there a faster speed than a cable modem? What is a T1 connection? What
is a 10MB connection? If it is a faster speed how do I get it? How do I
get the highest speed connection?

Thanks, Brad

Shadowlore

Bradley Burton wrote:

> Is there a faster speed than a cable modem? What is a T1 connection?
> What
> is a 10MB connection? If it is a faster speed how do I get it? How do I
> get the highest speed connection?
>
> Thanks, Brad

For most people cable or DSL is it. T1 for a full t1 you are looking at 400
a month if you lucky. Look into DSL you can get up to the same speeds as a
T! for a lot cheaper.

Chet

Anything faster than DSL or Cable Modem is probably not available in
residential and many business areas. My cable company recently increased
the maximum speed to 3 megabits per second (of course, my actual performance
depends on overall system activity but I often get download speeds of over
200 K bytes per second).