Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help renaming a Word Doc Template.

Help renaming a Word Doc Template.

John

Help! I'm just having a blonde moment...

I am trying to rename Normal2.dot to overwrite Normal.dot when I go to
Save As, however it comes up with a message that says Word can not
save as a document that is already open??? The Normal.dot isn't open
though so I really don't understand why it wont let me do this.

I've tried searching for documents on my C drive names normal.dot but
it hasn't come back with any results.

John

Joseph Meehan

John wrote:
> Help! I'm just having a blonde moment...
>
> I am trying to rename Normal2.dot to overwrite Normal.dot when I go to
> Save As, however it comes up with a message that says Word can not
> save as a document that is already open??? The Normal.dot isn't open
> though so I really don't understand why it wont let me do this.
>
> I've tried searching for documents on my C drive names normal.dot but
> it hasn't come back with any results.
>
> John

Normal dot is open anytime word is open.

Exit word and then do the change. However you may still have some
problems. Word keeps multiple copies of Normal and uses them to fix or
replace the working copy as it sees fit.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Plato

John wrote:

> I am trying to rename Normal2.dot to overwrite Normal.dot when I go to

The tweak is to delete normal.dot I believe.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/