Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > external CD housing

external CD housing

John Cade

Hi
I just bought a new 5.25 external housing which I intend to put a DVD writer
in (after they have settled down in features and price!!!)anyway I have
installed an old CDRW (16x10x40 Acer).
It works fine and was very easy to set up ,but it seems to heat up the
actual cd
I can put a cd in the drive for only a couple of minutes,take it out and the
cd is
REALLY hot.
I've never noticed this before in any cd drives,could it be because of the
confines of the housing?
Any thoughts?
John

HF

VENTILATION !!!!
"John Cade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uPTbc.139314$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I just bought a new 5.25 external housing which I intend to put a DVD

writer
> in (after they have settled down in features and price!!!)anyway I have
> installed an old CDRW (16x10x40 Acer).
> It works fine and was very easy to set up ,but it seems to heat up the
> actual cd
> I can put a cd in the drive for only a couple of minutes,take it out and

the
> cd is
> REALLY hot.
> I've never noticed this before in any cd drives,could it be because of

the
> confines of the housing?
> Any thoughts?
> John