Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > SNAPSHOT

SNAPSHOT

Cammie

My Dell came with a very handy and sometimes computer life saving program
called Snapshot, where it takes a photo of my harddrive in case I lose a
file, screw something up, etc. I can restore my computer completely to the
last Snapshot and fix the problems.

Is this just a Dell program or can it (or another similar program) be
purchased by someone who does not have a Dell?

Thor

there are several programs available that do this. Dell's is most likely
just their licensed version of some other retail software. Norton's "GoBack"
being one of the first of these types of programs, has been around since
1999 or so. However, these programs also usually have a noticeable impact on
system performance since they must track, log, and store a copy of every
file changed created, or deleted on the system. I know they are handy for
some who lose files, or have frequently screwed up systems, but for me they
are bloated overkill.

news:YXGbc.353$t%(E-Mail Removed)...