Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Voice over IP (SIP) gateway recommendation

Voice over IP (SIP) gateway recommendation

Geert Nijpels

Hi,

I'm wondering about a SIP<->ISDN gateway solution. We want a gateway
suitable for 4 lines (8 channels) with options to put in more BRI's in
the future.

We are thinking of a Cisco 3600 with BRI interfaces. However, I can't
find much information about what's needed for a sip<->ISDN gateway.

- Can I use normal BRI WIC's or do I need BRI VWIC's?
- Do I need an NM-2V card? If so, I probably need more then 1.

Is a 3600 the best solution or are there better possibilities?

Kind regards,

Geert

Kurt Jaeger

Hi!

>I'm wondering about a SIP<->ISDN gateway solution. We want a gateway
>suitable for 4 lines (8 channels) with options to put in more BRI's in
>the future.
>
>We are thinking of a Cisco 3600 with BRI interfaces. However, I can't
>find much information about what's needed for a sip<->ISDN gateway.
>
>- Can I use normal BRI WIC's or do I need BRI VWIC's?

You need VICs.

>- Do I need an NM-2V card? If so, I probably need more then 1.

Dunno.

>Is a 3600 the best solution or are there better possibilities?

Have you looked at the cisco 1760V ?

Four slots for VIC cards, so in theory one can add 8 BRIs or
even some PRIs.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 17 years to go !
LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23 http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)