Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > This Norton software is driving me nuts

This Norton software is driving me nuts

Ronald Murray

Hello
I have to disable the anti virus software to read my mail & disable the
firewall to get online.
My question is: Does windows XP have it's own firewall?
And if so , how can I disable it , to see if it's conflicting with the
Symantec software?
Thanks
unprotected in NS
ron

Thor

start/settings/control panel/network connections

double-click your network connection icon, and click the "advanced" tab, and
there you will find the option to enable or disable the windows XP firewall.

As for Norton, their security suite sucks ass IMHO. But you can try simply
disabling the email scanning portion of the antivirus, as it is redundant
anyway. You are still protected by the auto-protect active scanner if a
virus attempts to infect the system.

news:bfL2c.2503$(E-Mail Removed)...