Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > home network

home network

Don P

Looking to setup a new home network and the house already has rj45 wiring
in 3 rooms from the previous owners.
1. do I need extra net cards to set up between 2 computers that already
have onboard lan?
2. do I need cards to share cable modem between the 2?
3. is a hub or router needed for the cable connection?

--
Treasure Today You're Not Promised Tomorrow
Don

Wizard

Don P wrote:

> Looking to setup a new home network and the house already has rj45 wiring
> in 3 rooms from the previous owners.
> 1. do I need extra net cards to set up between 2 computers that already

No.

> have onboard lan?
> 2. do I need cards to share cable modem between the 2?

Only if you don't hace a router.

> 3. is a hub or router needed for the cable connection?

Yes, they both come together usually.

> --
> Treasure Today You're Not Promised Tomorrow
> Don

Don P

thank you wizard
news:(E-Mail Removed)...