Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > multiple boot

multiple boot

Golf Nut

I had installed win 2000 and win xp on my system in a dual boot
configuration.
My win xp disk crashed and i wanted to remove the win xp (line) from the
dual boot at startup.
Now i installed xp on another disk, and it has added another line for xp in
the startup. So now I have 2 lines for xp and one for 2000.

How can i clean up the startup prompt and just have one xp and one 2000
line.

thanks

Jordan

Edit the boot.ini file in the c:\ drive.

--Jordan

"Golf Nut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I had installed win 2000 and win xp on my system in a dual boot
> configuration.
> My win xp disk crashed and i wanted to remove the win xp (line) from the
> dual boot at startup.
> Now i installed xp on another disk, and it has added another line for xp

in
> the startup. So now I have 2 lines for xp and one for 2000.
>

> How can i clean up the startup prompt and just have one xp and one 2000
> line.
>
> thanks

Jordan

I found a better way. Go to start > Run and type in msconfig. and select the
boot.ini tab. If that dosent work go to start > run and type in notepad.exe
c:\boot.ini and notepad will open with the data you should edit. Edit it and
then save it..