Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > multiple boot

multiple boot

Golf Nut

Hi folks,

I installed windows2000 and windows xp on m y computer. Something happend to
my windows xp disk and I had to replace it. However the windows loader still
shows me both xp and 2000 before booting.
How can I get rid of the xp line in the boot loader?
Now I am reinstalling xp on a new disk and it shows me 2 lines for xp in the
boot loader.
Please advise.

thanks

Plato

Golf Nut wrote:

> I installed windows2000 and windows xp on m y computer. Something happend to
> my windows xp disk and I had to replace it. However the windows loader still
> shows me both xp and 2000 before booting.

YOu have to edit boot.ini

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314081
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289022

--