Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > HP N3190 drivers

HP N3190 drivers

just me

Have to format the hard on a Hp Pavalion N3190 laptop. Did not have the
restore cd. Was able to install windows 98 but not able to find display
drivers any where on web. If anyone have the driver or restore cd. Any
help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Muhammad

Basket Case

"just me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Have to format the hard on a Hp Pavalion N3190 laptop. Did not have the
> restore cd. Was able to install windows 98 but not able to find display
> drivers any where on web. If anyone have the driver or restore cd. Any
> help would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Muhammad

HP's website does not have any video drivers for this, nor the display
adaptor type. What drivers did Win98 install?

-BC

Computer Doctor

Hey Muhammad first the driver that you are looking for is SMI LynxE SM811
graphics controller for your HP notebook. The driver is located at
http://www.siliconmotion.com/en/driverslist.htm. Upgrading the OS to XP home
or professional will help installing this graphics drivers. But if you don't
have XP the above web site will install the video driver for you.

just me

SMI LynxE SM811 worked, Thanks a lot that I tried to installed XP but gave
me some error message. Do not remeber now, but will let you know. Thanks a
lot again.
news:h892c.8872$(E-Mail Removed) .com...