Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Analogue CD Player

Analogue CD Player

Representative Trantis

Windows 9x used to include an analogue CD player, which started the CD drive
playing music, which then was fed through directly to the sound card.
What I most liked about it was that it allowed you to play two discs, one
after the other.

It's not on Windows Xp.
Can anyone suggest a good replacement program?

Thanks.

Basket Case

"Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c2aoic$j65$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows 9x used to include an analogue CD player, which started the CD

drive
> playing music, which then was fed through directly to the sound card.
> What I most liked about it was that it allowed you to play two discs, one
> after the other.
>
> It's not on Windows Xp.
> Can anyone suggest a good replacement program?
>
> Thanks.

I use 'Player'.

http://www.vuplayer.com

It will still run in digital mode unless you disable the feature in the
hardware settings.

In My Computer, right-click on your CD-ROM drive. On the Hardware tab, find
your CD-ROM drive and double-click. Then on the properties tab, uncheck
'Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device.

Hope this works for ya =)

-BC