Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > USB 2 with hub

USB 2 with hub

Dee

I'm considering buying an external, powered USB hub because my USB 2 ports
are difficult to reach (I know I could use an internal hub). What I want to
know is if the description says the hub is "USB 2 "compliant", can I still
connect peripherals to a USB2 connection WITHOUT losing the speed? (I have a
hub that I had before I changed the USB ports and as soon as I connect it to
the port, the speed drops to 1.1 level)
Thanks

Thor

Just make sure it has the USB 2.0 logo that says "hi-speed" in the little
red stripe above it. If it doesn't have that, I wouldn't buy it.

news:v9X1c.15577$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...