Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Cisco Certification????

Cisco Certification????

NetRyderz

Hey all,

I'll be finishing my BA in MIS in the next month or so. I am wanting to
start looking at some certifications, rather than do my Masters right away.

Currently, I handle internet marketing at small software company, so I do
have basic IT knowledge. I was told that I really wouldn't need to take a
class to pass the CCNA exam, since I have the basics down with my degree and
experience.

I am just wondering if anyone knows of a good book that will prepare me for
the CCNA exam? I would like the ins and outs explanined and everyhting
outlined, if possible. Not really looking for a quick fix so I am willing
to work at it.

TIA

DeMoN LaG

"NetRyderz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:h5w1c.189776$(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I was told that I really wouldn't need to take a
> class to pass the CCNA exam, since I have the basics down with my
> degree and experience.

What basics do you have? If I sat you down with two Cisco 2600 series
routers, each connected to a switch, and the routers connected serially,
could you configure them so that the machines attaced to each switch could
talk to the opposite side, and vice versa?

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
Repairs, upgrades and networking

NetRyderz