Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Upgrading Win XP, problem!

Re: Upgrading Win XP, problem!

Adriano

I'm sorry but I have just deleted those files.
Unfortunately your reply has arrived too much later.
Bit now I haven't any problems, everithing is OK.
I have tried to do a new update for Win XP Pro but the microsoft site
tells me there are not a new update.
Why?
I am an a little worried.
thanks Adriano

>Is a update from windows.
>New Folders That Are Created When You Install Windows XP SP1
>The following folders are created when you install Windows XP SP1:
>%systemroot%\Servicepackfiles
>%systemroot%\$NtServicePackUninstall$
>folder name that contains 20 random characters, for example,
>9470bb12e8a4f3447657236478e41c5
>NOTE: The %systemroot% environment variable refers to your Windows
>folder
>
>IMPORTANT: Do not delete or move this folder.
>To uninstall a service pack from a command prompt:
>Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
>Change to the c:\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst folder.
>Type Spuninst.exe, and then press ENTER.
>Type exit, and then press ENTER.
>GOT THIS INFO FROM:CHECK IT OUT AND I THINK THAT THIS MAY BE THE
>SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM.GOOD LUCK
>http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;329260
>
>GREETINGS
>(E-Mail Removed)
>
>http://members.benl.ebay.be/aboutme/doorsawake/

Nik Vansevenant

Adriano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> I'm sorry but I have just deleted those files.
> Unfortunately your reply has arrived too much later.
> Bit now I haven't any problems, everithing is OK.
> I have tried to do a new update for Win XP Pro but the microsoft site
> tells me there are not a new update.
> Why?
> I am an a little worried.
> thanks Adriano
>

> >Is a update from windows.
> >New Folders That Are Created When You Install Windows XP SP1
> >The following folders are created when you install Windows XP SP1:
> >%systemroot%\Servicepackfiles
> >%systemroot%\$NtServicePackUninstall$
> >folder name that contains 20 random characters, for example,
> >9470bb12e8a4f3447657236478e41c5
> >NOTE: The %systemroot% environment variable refers to your Windows
> >folder
> >
> >IMPORTANT: Do not delete or move this folder.
> >To uninstall a service pack from a command prompt:
> >Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
> >Change to the c:\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst folder.
> >Type Spuninst.exe, and then press ENTER.
> >Type exit, and then press ENTER.
> >GOT THIS INFO FROM:CHECK IT OUT AND I THINK THAT THIS MAY BE THE
> >SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM.GOOD LUCK
> >http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;329260
> >
> >GREETINGS
> >(E-Mail Removed)
> >
> >http://members.benl.ebay.be/aboutme/doorsawake/

probably because there are at the moment no important updates
needed.normally your pc would update automaticly if there is a
important update needed unless you adjust something.No if you go to
your computer go to "automatic...updates" you can change the
setting.If you din't changed it then there is no problem.Xp wil update
itself when needed.

greetings