Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > DeMon?

DeMon?

bambam

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:09:04 +0000, V W Wall wrote:

> Now that bam-bam directed me to a Roundtuit, I'll give it a try. What
> makes a good e-mail--news reader complement to FireFox? I have X-news, but
> it seems overly complex.

Like DeMon I recon you should stick with Xnews, it is the best.
If you really canīt stand Xnews any longer Thunderbird is the natural
partner for FireFox-

I havenīt personally tried it yet but have heard some very good reports.

Lastly is 40tude Dialog, very highly recommended in alt.comp.freeware-

http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

VWWall

bambam wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:09:04 +0000, V W Wall wrote:
>

>>Now that bam-bam directed me to a Roundtuit, I'll give it a try. What
>>makes a good e-mail--news reader complement to FireFox? I have X-news, but
>>it seems overly complex.

> Like DeMon I recon you should stick with Xnews, it is the best.
> If you really canīt stand Xnews any longer Thunderbird is the natural
> partner for FireFox-

It just seems to be more than I really need. I found the manual
I'd d/l'd some time ago, but didn't get very far in it.

> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
>
> I havenīt personally tried it yet but have heard some very good reports.

Your "Roundtuit" worked. I've since installed Firefox, fixed
the icon problem, and installed Thunderbird. All seems well.
I'm using TB for this, as you can see.

> Lastly is 40tude Dialog, very highly recommended in alt.comp.freeware-
>
> http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

I already have 9 browsers and 8 e-mail/newsreaders. My Win98FE
seem to work fine, even with several open, but it's probably
time to stop.

Thanks all for the inputs. There have been some good comments
in grc.techtalk, one of Steve Gibson's ng's on news.grc.com.

Virg Wall