Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Limeshop?

Limeshop?

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

I am running Win98SE. A relative had installed Limewire on this
computer. It clobbered my operating system buttons and I told him it
had to go. I uninstalled it and that solved the problem with the
operating system. Now I have something called "Limeshop" in the
programs list on the Add/Remove Programs and I can't get it to
uninstall. I am about to decide P2P programs are worse than unsafe
sex. I am running Spybot and Adaware and hopefully that will prevent
any serious side effects. Anybody got any ideas how I can get rid of
the damn stuff that has been put on this computer, Limeshop in
particular?

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
Lubbock, Texas
kinserlow at hotmail dot com
homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

Robert Baer

"Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr." wrote:

> I am running Win98SE. A relative had installed Limewire on this
> computer. It clobbered my operating system buttons and I told him it
> had to go. I uninstalled it and that solved the problem with the
> operating system. Now I have something called "Limeshop" in the
> programs list on the Add/Remove Programs and I can't get it to
> uninstall. I am about to decide P2P programs are worse than unsafe
> sex. I am running Spybot and Adaware and hopefully that will prevent
> any serious side effects. Anybody got any ideas how I can get rid of
> the damn stuff that has been put on this computer, Limeshop in
> particular?
>
> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
> Lubbock, Texas
> kinserlow at hotmail dot com
> homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
> webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

If uninstall does not work, i would first delete the subdirectory(ies)
(and all contents) related to that program.
Then i would edit the registry in a similar manner: look for program
name first word, program monniker, and company name of software writer.