Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > IE 6 temporarily freezing

IE 6 temporarily freezing

Scott Hastings

Hello everybody,
I am in need of some help. This morning my cat walked across a part of
my laptops keyboard when I was surfing the net. Now, my IE 6 seems to be
having some trouble. Every time I load a new page, the browser seems to
freeze while the page is loading so that I can't click anything until the
grabbed him (by the page up/down, insert, pause, F9-F12 keys). Could he
have done something to cause this or is something else the problem? Any
help would be appreciated. I am using WIN XP Pro.

Thanks, Scott

Jerry G.

Click on: Tools, Options, General, Settings, and then check to make sure
that the cache is working in Automatic. Also check that the cache size is
okay for general usage. I have mine set to about 30 mb. In in some of the
other cache modes, this can cause IE to run slow.

There are many key options, and key shortcuts that the author's may have
put in for testing and usage, that it is almost impossible to guess at what
the cat did on your keyboard.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

news:c1qjva$1ltr1n$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...