Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > scary pop-up window - how to delete it??

scary pop-up window - how to delete it??

RZ

I run win xp, and for the last two days I get this full-screen pop-up out of
nowhere that scares the crap out of me....it pops up instantly, with a
"scream" and produces a black and white picture of a girl with her eyes
missing, it stays on screen for a few seconds, then disappears returning you
to your previous window.....it's seems like a random thing but it happens at
least a dozen times a day

How do I get rid of it?

thanks

ArtKramr

>Subject: scary pop-up window - how to delete it??
>From: "RZ" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Date: 2/28/04 7:41 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>I run win xp, and for the last two days I get this full-screen pop-up out of
>nowhere that scares the crap out of me....it pops up instantly, with a
>"scream" and produces a black and white picture of a girl with her eyes
>missing, it stays on screen for a few seconds, then disappears returning you
>to your previous window.....it's seems like a random thing but it happens at
>least a dozen times a day
>
>How do I get rid of it?
>
>thanks

It is obviously imbedded in your system,Try running Spyware (AOL) or something
similiar.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Professor

It is probably associated with some website that you visited which planted
some spyware on your computer. Get and program like Spybot or Adaware which
are both free programs and have the one you choose scan for problems, then
have it fix any problems. Spybot can find things that were planted on your
computer from websites and delete them. Also delete all cookies and delete
your history and all temporary internet files. This should get rid of it
unless it has some ingenious way of dodging anti-spy programs.
"RZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I run win xp, and for the last two days I get this full-screen pop-up out

of
> nowhere that scares the crap out of me....it pops up instantly, with a
> "scream" and produces a black and white picture of a girl with her eyes
> missing, it stays on screen for a few seconds, then disappears returning

you
> to your previous window.....it's seems like a random thing but it happens

at
> least a dozen times a day
>
> How do I get rid of it?
>
> thanks

Scary website design Weyoun the Dancing Borg HTML 13 05-28-2004 03:23 PM
scary flybynight IT contractors Hugo Drax Cisco 3 12-12-2003 09:50 PM
Scary ! slumpy Computer Support 8 08-07-2003 12:24 PM
Now here's a very scary thought nowhere man Computer Support 2 07-16-2003 12:43 AM

Advertisments