Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Clicking Hardrive

Clicking Hardrive

Plato

David Duxbury wrote:

> I recently changed my motherboard & CPU all is working well, only I get
> this intermittent clicking from the Hardrive, my old drive was doing it
> and a week later it died, ??? any info thanks. Ducksy

If it wasn't happening before then it just might be a loose cable
connection since that's all you changed.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

David Duxbury

I recently changed my motherboard & CPU all is working well, only I get
this intermittent clicking from the Hardrive, my old drive was doing it
and a week later it died, ??? any info thanks. Ducksy

Thor

Aside from Plato's comments, back up anything important just to be safe.

"David Duxbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UKL%b.342$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently changed my motherboard & CPU all is working well, only I get
> this intermittent clicking from the Hardrive, my old drive was doing it
> and a week later it died, ??? any info thanks. Ducksy

David Duxbury

Good Day yes the power connection was loose it clicked into place, funny
how the obvious eludes us, no more noise now just Hummmm , thank you Dave.