Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Best trojan basher!

Best trojan basher!

picker

Opinions please. Already have "Spybot" and "ad-aware" however, i downloaded
a commercial trojan sniffer which found other little beasties lurking in my
machine. So, if i'm gonna purchase - one which would you recommend please?

Thanks very.

Basket Case

"picker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1i730$nii$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Opinions please. Already have "Spybot" and "ad-aware" however, i

downloaded
> a commercial trojan sniffer which found other little beasties lurking in

my
> machine. So, if i'm gonna purchase - one which would you recommend please?
>
> Thanks very.

If I'm not mistaken, spybot and ad-aware are for killing spyware and spam.
For trojans you need antivirus software. I recommend Avast. Its completely
free for home use, and automatically updates the virus database. Its done a
great job killing the 50 worms and trojans I receive in my email on a daily
basis *sigh*

http://www.asw.cz/i_idt_153.html

Greg

Trend Micro's PC Suite is incredible. The virus scanner takes up barely
any processor time, even when in realtime scan mode.

picker wrote:
> Opinions please. Already have "Spybot" and "ad-aware" however, i downloaded
> a commercial trojan sniffer which found other little beasties lurking in my
> machine. So, if i'm gonna purchase - one which would you recommend please?
>
> Thanks very.

Trent©

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:17:29 -0000, "picker"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Opinions please. Already have "Spybot" and "ad-aware" however, i downloaded
>a commercial trojan sniffer which found other little beasties lurking in my
>machine. So, if i'm gonna purchase - one which would you recommend please?
>
>Thanks very.

For trojans, you need a good firewall and/or anti-virus program.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Plato

picker wrote:

> Opinions please. Already have "Spybot" and "ad-aware" however, i downloaded
> a commercial trojan sniffer which found other little beasties lurking in my
> machine. So, if i'm gonna purchase - one which would you recommend please?

Spybot and adaware deal with spyware, not trojans.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/