Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Can see everything but my own sites

Can see everything but my own sites

Tim

Hi

I have just installed and configured a Cisco 828 router with a nat table
pointing to a server on the local network. When I try to access some of the
sites on the server from outside the local network everything works ok, but
I cant see them from the inside of the local network.

It must have something to do with the settings in the router. Any idea as to
what I am doing wrong?

Regards Tim

News Account

Configuration from 828?

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WnDDb.60964$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Hi
>
> I have just installed and configured a Cisco 828 router with a nat table
> pointing to a server on the local network. When I try to access some of

the
> sites on the server from outside the local network everything works ok,

but
> I cant see them from the inside of the local network.
>
> It must have something to do with the settings in the router. Any idea as

> what I am doing wrong?
>
> Regards Tim

Tim Thorne

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have just installed and configured a Cisco 828 router with a nat table
>pointing to a server on the local network. When I try to access some of the
>sites on the server from outside the local network everything works ok, but
>I cant see them from the inside of the local network.
>
>It must have something to do with the settings in the router. Any idea as to
>what I am doing wrong?

Are you querying your ISPs DNS server for the IP address? You need to
tell the local machines the server resides on an RFC1918 address.

Tim