Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Keep losing CD Driver

Keep losing CD Driver

spy

Hello everyone,
I have a friend that keeps losing both drivers for the CD-RW
and DVD drives on the system. I'm not sure when it happens, they
think it's when they turn it off and back on. I was on my way out to
replace the drives when she called and said they were back after
running a System Restore. It happened again, but the system restore
did not work this time, but she may not have restored to a good point.

Any ideas or feedback, thanks...

Steve

Michael-NC

You don't say what OS but try to boot into safe mode and remove all the CD
and DVD devices in the device manager, then reboot.

"daults (spy)" <@comcsat.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everyone,
> I have a friend that keeps losing both drivers for the CD-RW
> and DVD drives on the system. I'm not sure when it happens, they
> think it's when they turn it off and back on. I was on my way out to
> replace the drives when she called and said they were back after
> running a System Restore. It happened again, but the system restore
> did not work this time, but she may not have restored to a good point.
>
> Any ideas or feedback, thanks...
>
> Steve

spy

Thanks...

Seeing it's not my system I not sure. It's either ME or XP seeing it
ha sthe System Restore option. I'll try to explain to her how to do
the safe mode thing, but have the feeling I'll be making another trip.