Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Use DVDR disk as a data store?

Use DVDR disk as a data store?

Rv!

Hi all,
Is it possible to use a DVDR disk as a larger
storage device (than a CDR)? I would like to archive
a large file collection and this would be easier than
using many CDR's.

Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?

Robert

Michael-NC

"Rv!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> Is it possible to use a DVDR disk as a larger
> storage device (than a CDR)? I would like to archive
> a large file collection and this would be easier than
> using many CDR's.
>
> Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?
>
> Robert

You can certainly use a DVD disc as storage and Nero supports it with In CD.

I have Easy CD 6 and can packet write to a DVD with it as well.

DeMoN LaG

"Rv!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1077502421.21488.0
@ersa.uk.clara.net:

> Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?

I have Nero 6 and yes, I can easily burn a DVD-/+RW disc just as I'd burn a
CDRW. In fact, I use this as a weekly backup for a few machines. I burn 4
GB of stuff, which would take six 800MB CDRs, vs 1 DVD+RW. There is a
dropdown on the left hand side of Nero that normally says "CD", just click
it and pick "DVD" and you'll get a new set of choices.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Thor

"Rv!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> Is it possible to use a DVDR disk as a larger
> storage device (than a CDR)? I would like to archive
> a large file collection and this would be easier than
> using many CDR's.
>
> Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?

Yes you can do this. Nero should be able to do it. Select DVD-ROM from the
DVD menu option.

Thor

"Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:M8e_b.36294$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> "Rv!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> > Is it possible to use a DVDR disk as a larger
> > storage device (than a CDR)? I would like to archive
> > a large file collection and this would be easier than
> > using many CDR's.
> >
> > Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?
> >
> > Robert

> You can certainly use a DVD disc as storage and Nero supports it with In

CD.

> I have Easy CD 6 and can packet write to a DVD with it as well.

If I'm not mistaken, you have to use a DVD/RW disc for packet writing on
InCD. Same goes for CDRW. It doesn't support packet writing on a DVD/R or
CD-R.

Rv!

Hi all,
I'll reply a tthe root again as it's easier.
Thanks for all the replies so far.

Rv!

"Rv!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I'll reply a tthe root again as it's easier.
> Thanks for all the replies so far.

Oops hit send by mistake...

Anyway, I was just about to say that sometimes I
can really feel stupid. Yes, I now can easily see
the CD/DVD drop down box that was so invisible last
night. Thanks for all of your time!

Robert

dvdr disk problem M.Balarama DVD Video 3 02-25-2007 08:03 PM
Large data array (operations) via disk disk files geerrxin@gmail.com C Programming 12 11-15-2006 07:34 AM
Re: blank dvd-ram and dvdr interchangable? dvdnewbie@newbies.com Computer Support 0 01-16-2004 12:24 AM
blank dvd-ram and dvdr interchangable? dvdnewbie@newbies.com Computer Support 1 01-15-2004 02:29 AM
CDR/RW + DVDR/RW drive - Recommendations. scars Computer Support 6 10-20-2003 09:58 PM

Advertisments