Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > converting cds to mp3 for car stereo how?

converting cds to mp3 for car stereo how?

milo

hi, i just bought a new stereo for the car and it can play mp3 wma wav cds.
its an alpine unit, some one said u can store heaps of albums via mp3 on to
one cd?
i have all of my cds at home on my computers hard drive and play them via
windows media player 9
any ideas on how to put all my music to mp3 for the car ??? so i can leave
the originals at home.
and also what quailty are the mp3s? if u can help that would be greate
thanks

milo
____

Fred

You need to do a bit of basic reading first, so I suggest that you start by
reading an audio conversion FAQ like this one.
http://www.mp3-converter.biz/help/pu...audio-cds.html

Also when you buy a cd writer or burner it often comes with software that
can burn mp3 compilations.

"milo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi, i just bought a new stereo for the car and it can play mp3 wma wav

cds.
> its an alpine unit, some one said u can store heaps of albums via mp3 on

> one cd?
> i have all of my cds at home on my computers hard drive and play them via
> windows media player 9
> any ideas on how to put all my music to mp3 for the car ??? so i can leave
> the originals at home.
> and also what quailty are the mp3s? if u can help that would be greate
> thanks
>

> milo
> ____

Global_Killa

"milo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi, i just bought a new stereo for the car and it can play mp3 wma wav

cds.
> its an alpine unit, some one said u can store heaps of albums via mp3 on

> one cd?
> i have all of my cds at home on my computers hard drive and play them via
> windows media player 9
> any ideas on how to put all my music to mp3 for the car ??? so i can leave
> the originals at home.
> and also what quailty are the mp3s? if u can help that would be greate
> thanks
>

> milo
> ____

You can store loads of MP3 files on a CD. What format have you ripped your
CD's on your hard disk into? If you have used Windows Media Player to rip
them, they will be WMA files, not MP3. But if your CD player can play WMA
files aswell then you don't have a problem.

I've ripped all of my music onto my hard disk, but as MP3's. They are the
same quility sound, so you don't have to worry about losing any sound
quility.

I've never tried a car CD player with MP3's before, but my DVD player plays
MP3 disks, and they are simple to create. I'm taking it that you have a
CD-R/RW drive? This is what you need to create CD's. Your CD-R/RW should of
come with some software aswell, if not there are plenty of CD writting
software out there for you to download.
Simply buy a blank CD-R (around 0.75p each), load your CD buring software
and create a data CD. Place the MP3/WMA files onto the disk, until the disk
is full, and click burn.

If your running Windows XP, you don't need to have any CD buring software,
simply select the music files you want and right click -> sendto -> your
CD-R/RW drive. The files will be stored in a temp folder until you have
burned them to a CD.
When you click create CD make sure that you create a data CD and NOT an
audio.

Hope this helped.

--
Global_Killa
"Youre a victim of the rules you live by!"

Thor

> I've ripped all of my music onto my hard disk, but as MP3's. They are the
> same quility sound, so you don't have to worry about losing any sound
> quility.

That's not necessarily true. It largely depends on the bitrate and sampling
rate used. MP3s can be (and often are) encoded resulting in horrible
quality, and all because of too much compression. If you want something that
is near-to-virtual CD quality, then bitrates from 192Kbps and higher should
be used (or a variable bitrate encoding), and a a sampling rate of not lower
than 44Khz.