Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > HELP! Word-processor problem

HELP! Word-processor problem

FERRANTE

I am having the same problem with several word processors on my
computer, so I imagine there must be some general setting on the
computer making this happen.

No matter which program I open, the page setup on them (that I can
visually see), for an 8 1/2 x 11 is less than 1/4 inch on the left
margin and about a three inch margin on the right. The visible writing
space is 1/2 inch to 6 1/2 inches with the ruler shaded beyond those
marks (moving the ruler larger does nothing to help). When I go into
page setup, no matter if I am using Word, Abiword, or any other, all
margins are listed as 1 inch. What is wrong? This is driving me crazy.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mark

Chet

Please help fill in one part of the puzzle.

Is this just a screen display issue? In other words, does the page print as
you have set it with 1 inch margins, etc.?
"FERRANTE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having the same problem with several word processors on my
> computer, so I imagine there must be some general setting on the
> computer making this happen.
>
> No matter which program I open, the page setup on them (that I can
> visually see), for an 8 1/2 x 11 is less than 1/4 inch on the left
> margin and about a three inch margin on the right. The visible writing
> space is 1/2 inch to 6 1/2 inches with the ruler shaded beyond those
> marks (moving the ruler larger does nothing to help). When I go into
> page setup, no matter if I am using Word, Abiword, or any other, all
> margins are listed as 1 inch. What is wrong? This is driving me crazy.
>
> Any ideas what is wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Mark

FERRANTE

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:20:50 GMT, "Chet" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Please help fill in one part of the puzzle.
>
>Is this just a screen display issue? In other words, does the page print as
>you have set it with 1 inch margins, etc.?

Hum...good question. I will know shortly.

Mark

wrote:

>Please help fill in one part of the puzzle.
>
>Is this just a screen display issue? In other words, does the page print as
>you have set it with 1 inch margins, etc.?

Even though the margins looked screwed up on the screen, everything
printed fine. So this must be a screen display issue. Any ideas on how
to fix it?

Also, I have tried three separate word-processors and each one
displays the same messed-up margins. Obviously, being able to see
everything, on the screen, with the one-inch margins would make things
easier.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mark

>"FERRANTE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I am having the same problem with several word processors on my
>> computer, so I imagine there must be some general setting on the
>> computer making this happen.
>>
>> No matter which program I open, the page setup on them (that I can
>> visually see), for an 8 1/2 x 11 is less than 1/4 inch on the left
>> margin and about a three inch margin on the right. The visible writing
>> space is 1/2 inch to 6 1/2 inches with the ruler shaded beyond those
>> marks (moving the ruler larger does nothing to help). When I go into
>> page setup, no matter if I am using Word, Abiword, or any other, all
>> margins are listed as 1 inch. What is wrong? This is driving me crazy.
>>
>> Any ideas what is wrong?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>> Mark

Thor

Try increasing the screen resolution in the display properties. If you are
using 800x600, try 1024x768, for example.