Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Zone Alarm or Zone Alarm Pro?

Zone Alarm or Zone Alarm Pro?

Jones

Hi,
I like to use Zone Alarm.
I'm using free Zone Alarm but now I could also use the Pro version.
In your opinion how much is important to use Zone Alarm Pro intead of
Zone Alarm?
Is it worth?
Thanks

bye Jones

Hazzard

I've had to remove Zone Alarm from my XP. Was stuffing everything up.

"Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I like to use Zone Alarm.
> I'm using free Zone Alarm but now I could also use the Pro version.
> In your opinion how much is important to use Zone Alarm Pro intead of
> Zone Alarm?
> Is it worth?
> Thanks
>

> bye Jones

Jerry G.

I have had a lot of problems. I ended up going over to a hardware firewall.
It's the best, and there are no resource losses. Zone Alarm and the rest of
them are very resource hungry.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi,
I like to use Zone Alarm.
I'm using free Zone Alarm but now I could also use the Pro version.
In your opinion how much is important to use Zone Alarm Pro intead of
Zone Alarm?
Is it worth?
Thanks

bye Jones

Alex Devlin

On 19 Feb 2004, Jerry G. wrote:

> I have had a lot of problems. I ended up going over to a hardware
> firewall. It's the best, and there are no resource losses. Zone Alarm
> and the rest of them are very resource hungry.

I'm running WinXP (both Home and Pro editions) and have not had a single
problem with Zone Alarm.

--
Alex Devlin

Good friends will bail you out of jail...
... True friends will be sitting there with you saying "Damn. That was
fun!"

The Ancient One

"Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I like to use Zone Alarm.
> I'm using free Zone Alarm but now I could also use the Pro version.
> In your opinion how much is important to use Zone Alarm Pro intead of
> Zone Alarm?
> Is it worth?
> Thanks

Unless your using it as a business firewall I don't see the advantage. I've
used both, when I networked my computers I could never get ZA or ZA Pro to
allow the computers to connect through the network, even though I've
configured it to allow it. I finally gave up on both versions and at present
I'm just using XP's firewall. Don't know really how good it is, but at least
my networks works on it.

> bye Jones

Phil Marshall

> Hi,
> I'm using free Zone Alarm but now I could also use the Pro version.
> In your opinion how much is important to use Zone Alarm Pro intead of
> Zone Alarm? Is it worth?
> Thanks
> bye Jones

When I got my computer several years back I got the Free version.
Then a couple years ago I decided to upgrade to the Pro (pay) one.
I hated it. Had problems with it, so much so that ended up deleating
it and going back to the free version. That was $$$ down the toilet.
(I'm running Win '98SE, fwiw.)

--
-Phil Marshall-
{remove 9 for mail}