Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Boot disk

Boot disk

TINY

Is a start up disk the same as a bootdisk?

Michael-NC

Yes

www.bootdisk.com

"TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i1SYb.16476$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is a start up disk the same as a bootdisk?

TINY

Thank you very much
"Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d3SYb.18461$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Yes
>
> www.bootdisk.com
>
> "TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:i1SYb.16476$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is a start up disk the same as a bootdisk?

Chris

"TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:I8SYb.16500$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you very much

Either of these is generally a "bootable" storage device, containing a
condensed version of what you need to boot up your system in the event of
catastrophic failure, or virus-related intervention.

TINY

I can't get it to read the cd-rom drives I boot from a floppy with a cd in
and I select for the cd support but can't get it to work really not sure
what I'm doing when it comes to computers
news:rfSYb.29092$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> "TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:I8SYb.16500$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thank you very much

> Either of these is generally a "bootable" storage device, containing a
> condensed version of what you need to boot up your system in the event of
> catastrophic failure, or virus-related intervention.

Mark Mandell

news:VWSYb.16621$(E-Mail Removed)...

Check out www.pcnineoneone.com.
> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rfSYb.29092$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >
> > "TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:I8SYb.16500$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Thank you very much

> > Either of these is generally a "bootable" storage device, containing a
> > condensed version of what you need to boot up your system in the event

of
> > catastrophic failure, or virus-related intervention.

HF

In the boot disk is a README but noone ever reads it (or so it seems). This
explains all the cdrom business and the advancement of it's drive letter !!
"TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VWSYb.16621$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't get it to read the cd-rom drives I boot from a floppy with a cd in
> and I select for the cd support but can't get it to work really not sure
> what I'm doing when it comes to computers
> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rfSYb.29092$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >
> > "TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:I8SYb.16500$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Thank you very much

> > Either of these is generally a "bootable" storage device, containing a
> > condensed version of what you need to boot up your system in the event

of
> > catastrophic failure, or virus-related intervention.

---

HF

In addition Tiny have a read at www.computerhope.com
"TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VWSYb.16621$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't get it to read the cd-rom drives I boot from a floppy with a cd in
> and I select for the cd support but can't get it to work really not sure
> what I'm doing when it comes to computers
> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rfSYb.29092$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >
> > "TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:I8SYb.16500$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Thank you very much

> > Either of these is generally a "bootable" storage device, containing a
> > condensed version of what you need to boot up your system in the event

of
> > catastrophic failure, or virus-related intervention.

---

TINY

Thanks I'll check it out
"HF" <(E-Mail Removed)21.co.uk> wrote in message
news:4034c6c9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In addition Tiny have a read at www.computerhope.com
> "TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:VWSYb.16621$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I can't get it to read the cd-rom drives I boot from a floppy with a cd

in
> > and I select for the cd support but can't get it to work really not sure
> > what I'm doing when it comes to computers
> > "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:rfSYb.29092$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > >
> > > "TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:I8SYb.16500$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > Either of these is generally a "bootable" storage device, containing a
> > > condensed version of what you need to boot up your system in the event

> of
> > > catastrophic failure, or virus-related intervention.
> > >

> ---

Trent©

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:55:05 GMT, "Michael-NC"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes

Er...no! lol

Have a nice week...