Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Download problems!!??

Download problems!!??

Me

Just started experiencing problems within the last 48 hours. Have always
been able to download stuff such as windows updates, etc, but for no
apparent reason, I am now unable to download anything.

No error message, nothing. I click on the 'download' button, and nothing
happens. Computer doesn't freeze, just will not respond to the download.

Running XP. Performed defrag, spybot and adaware, and still no good. Any
opinions?

Thanks.

colin

Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4032fa33$0$22505$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> Just started experiencing problems within the last 48 hours. Have always
> been able to download stuff such as windows updates, etc, but for no
> apparent reason, I am now unable to download anything.
>
> No error message, nothing. I click on the 'download' button, and nothing
> happens. Computer doesn't freeze, just will not respond to the download.
>
> Running XP. Performed defrag, spybot and adaware, and still no good. Any
> opinions?
>
> Thanks.

What does a right-click and then `save target A$` do?

Me

Works that way, however the windows updates do not allow this.

Same problem when visiting an internet shopping sites. Will not allow me add
things to shopping carts.

"colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0uvv3$1asss0$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4032fa33$0$22505$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> > Just started experiencing problems within the last 48 hours. Have always
> > been able to download stuff such as windows updates, etc, but for no
> > apparent reason, I am now unable to download anything.
> >
> > No error message, nothing. I click on the 'download' button, and nothing
> > happens. Computer doesn't freeze, just will not respond to the download.
> >
> > Running XP. Performed defrag, spybot and adaware, and still no good. Any
> > opinions?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> What does a right-click and then `save target A$` do?

Pepperoni

Do you use Norton? The Internet Security portion must be disabled on some
sites. It blocks cookies regardless of your security settings (in IE) and
blocks some pop-ups and graphics on marketing sites.

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40330cb9$0$22523$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> Works that way, however the windows updates do not allow this.
>
> Same problem when visiting an internet shopping sites. Will not allow me

add
> things to shopping carts.
>

> "colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0uvv3$1asss0$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> >
> > Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:4032fa33$0$22505$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> > > Just started experiencing problems within the last 48 hours. Have

always
> > > been able to download stuff such as windows updates, etc, but for no
> > > apparent reason, I am now unable to download anything.
> > >
> > > No error message, nothing. I click on the 'download' button, and

nothing
> > > happens. Computer doesn't freeze, just will not respond to the

download.

> > > Running XP. Performed defrag, spybot and adaware, and still no good.

Any
> > > opinions?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> > What does a right-click and then `save target A$` do?

Me

Thanks for that, but to do it by itself overnight, after 2 years of no
trouble??

"Pepperoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0v32j$18bq3t$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Do you use Norton? The Internet Security portion must be disabled on some
> sites. It blocks cookies regardless of your security settings (in IE) and
> blocks some pop-ups and graphics on marketing sites.
>

> "Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40330cb9$0$22523$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> > Works that way, however the windows updates do not allow this.
> >
> > Same problem when visiting an internet shopping sites. Will not allow me

> add
> > things to shopping carts.
> >

> > "colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c0uvv3$1asss0$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > >
> > > Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:4032fa33$0$22505$(E-Mail Removed). au...

> always

> nothing

> download.

> Any

> > > What does a right-click and then `save target A$` do?

Pepperoni

Monday was the first time it happened.... took all day to figure out what
was causing it. A new update, perhaps?

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:403312ff$0$22506$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> Thanks for that, but to do it by itself overnight, after 2 years of no
> trouble??
>

> "Pepperoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0v32j$18bq3t$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Do you use Norton? The Internet Security portion must be disabled on

some
> > sites. It blocks cookies regardless of your security settings (in IE)

and
> > blocks some pop-ups and graphics on marketing sites.

Me

Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

"Pepperoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0v6ek$1blok8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Monday was the first time it happened.... took all day to figure out what
> was causing it. A new update, perhaps?
>
> "Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:403312ff$0$22506$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> > Thanks for that, but to do it by itself overnight, after 2 years of no
> > trouble??
> >

> > "Pepperoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c0v32j$18bq3t$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > Do you use Norton? The Internet Security portion must be disabled on

> some
> > > sites. It blocks cookies regardless of your security settings (in IE)

> and
> > > blocks some pop-ups and graphics on marketing sites.

Hazzard

> > > "Pepperoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:c0v32j$18bq3t$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

on
> > some

IE)
> > and

I shut down Norton but the problem persists. Any other options?

bearman

"Hazzard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4033c7fa$0$22525$(E-Mail Removed). au...

> on
> > > some

> IE)
> > > and
> > > > >

> I shut down Norton but the problem persists. Any other options?

Maybe you have to prevent Norton from loading at all. Run msconfig, select
the startup tab, and remove the checks from anything Norton, click apply
then reboot.

Hazzard

Thanks. Will do.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...