Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Mouse not recognized

Mouse not recognized

mcp6453

I have a computer with an Intel 845GRG motherboard. When it boots either
to DOS or to Windows, the mouse is not recognized. Since I have worked
on more than one computer today, I cannot remember if the mouse was
working when I first started working on it installing Windows XP. It
seems to me that it was working. I've checked the BIOS and cannot find a
configuration setting that would affect the PS2 mouse. A USB mouse
works, but I would rather use PS2. Can you think of anything I could
check? If not, then it must be a hardware problem with the motherboard.
The mouse is known good because I checked it on another computer. I have
done a visual examination for socket damage, but I cannot see any. There
are no bent pins on the mouse plug.

Jerry G.

If the mouse is a PS-2 mouse, and someone unplugged and plugged it back in
again with the power on, it is possible that the PS-2 port is blown. Did you
un-install and re-install it back again, in case it is driver problem?

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jerry G. wrote:

> If the mouse is a PS-2 mouse, and someone unplugged and plugged it back in
> again with the power on, it is possible that the PS-2 port is blown. Did you
> un-install and re-install it back again, in case it is driver problem?

Yep. Did that. Will not work even when I boot to Ghost disk (which has
its own mouse driver.)

demi demi is offline
Junior Member

Just go for system restore if you have xp pro and it would start working again.Some thing must have over written your mouse driver files or something like that.It happened to me twice and I tried everything to find out the reason.But finally it worked only by back dated system restore when ps/2 mouse was working.
demi