Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Internet connection 'Sticks'

Internet connection 'Sticks'

Phil Marshall

I'm having a problem with my system. At times when I click on a address
in my favorites, or a link on a web site my system seems to be 'searching'
for where to go. It will just 'freeze' for 30 seconds or more.
Download speed is not effected.

DSL SBC/Yahoo internet
Dell computer, Windows '98SE, IE 6+.
Using ZoneAlarm, AVP, SpyBot, Ad-aware. System is clean.

Any ideas? Thanks!

--
-Phil Marshall-
{remove 9 for mail}

Duane Arnold

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)(Phil Marshall) wrote in
news:20040217125126.413$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm having a problem with my system. At times when I click on a
> address in my favorites, or a link on a web site my system seems to be
> 'searching' for where to go. It will just 'freeze' for 30 seconds or
> more. Download speed is not effected.
>
> DSL SBC/Yahoo internet
> Dell computer, Windows '98SE, IE 6+.
> Using ZoneAlarm, AVP, SpyBot, Ad-aware. System is clean.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
http://accs-net.com/hosts/HostsToggle/

Use Active Ports (free use Google) to watch inbound and outbound
connections to and from the machine.

Use Ethereal (free) a packet sniffer to see outbound traffic that's leaving
the machine and to what IP(s) traffic is outbound too.

Duane

Phil Marshall

Problem seems to be getting worse. Don't know what is causing it.

--
-Phil Marshall-
{remove 9 for mail}