Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > News Accounts?

Reply
Thread Tools

News Accounts?

 
 
DeMoN LaG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-18-2004
Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I paid them in advance for a year...many years ago...then got banned.
> Lost most of the year.


What did you do to get banned? Gotta be pretty stupid...

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
website: under construction
Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
email/IM for rates/services
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Trent©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-19-2004
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:46:26 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

>Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> I paid them in advance for a year...many years ago...then got banned.
>> Lost most of the year.

>
>What did you do to get banned? Gotta be pretty stupid...


It was! lol But it makes no difference whether its stupid or not.
They have control...and their decision is final.

Needless to say, I learned a valuable lesson...and have never prepaid
more than a month in advance since then...for any Internet service.

That learned philosophy has worked out very well.

We had a large ISP in my area go out business about a year ago. They
were offering about a 25% discount for anybody that bought their
service for an entire year in advance. And many did...and lost a
coupla hundred bucks in the process.

Supernews got me one time...they won't get me again.


Have a nice week...

Trent

Follow Joan Rivers' example --- get pre-embalmed!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DeMoN LaG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-19-2004
Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Supernews got me one time...they won't get me again.


You didn't answer my question as to what you did. I don't see any reason
not to prepay in advance for supernews, unless you don't follow the rules
that you agree when you subscribe.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
website: under construction
Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
email/IM for rates/services
 
Reply With Quote
 
Trent©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-19-2004
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:14:22 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

>Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Supernews got me one time...they won't get me again.

>
>You didn't answer my question as to what you did. I don't see any reason
>not to prepay in advance for supernews, unless you don't follow the rules
>that you agree when you subscribe.


What if you interpret the rules differently?

YOUR interpretation doesn't matter, you realize. If they say you've
violated the rules...you HAVE.

This is not just true with Supernews. This is true with any provider.


Have a nice week...

Trent

Follow Joan Rivers' example --- get pre-embalmed!
 
Reply With Quote
 
DeMoN LaG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-19-2004
Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What if you interpret the rules differently?
>
> YOUR interpretation doesn't matter, you realize. If they say you've
> violated the rules...you HAVE.
>


How differently do you have to interpret rules to be banned, Trent? As I
speak with the supernews guys a few times a week, I know they aren't idiots
who randomly ban people. The only people who end up banned are spammers,
copyright violators, people who intentionally attempt to degrade the system
or do things other than read and post articles, and people who repeatedly
nymshift. And almost without a doubt those people are warned at least once
to stop.

As you refuse to state what you were doing that caused them to ban you, I
assume you were doing one of the above which is grounds for being banned
from anywhere, not just a NNTP server.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Trent©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:42:02 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

>Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> What if you interpret the rules differently?
>>
>> YOUR interpretation doesn't matter, you realize. If they say you've
>> violated the rules...you HAVE.
>>

>
>How differently do you have to interpret rules to be banned, Trent?


ANY variation...that's what 'different' implies. lol

>As I
>speak with the supernews guys a few times a week,


? And you SPEAK to them? Things HAVE changed.

> I know they aren't idiots
>who randomly ban people.


Things HAVE changed.

>The only people who end up banned are spammers,


What's yer definition of a spammer?..not that that would make any
difference.


>copyright violators, people who intentionally attempt to degrade the system
>or do things other than read and post articles, and people who repeatedly
>nymshift.


Probably 98%...or some other high number...of their customers do the
above. Only a SELECTED FEW are the ones that they act on.

>And almost without a doubt those people are warned at least once
>to stop.


ALMOST without a doubt? I think I made my point.

And I was NEVER warned...just dropped.

>As you refuse to state what you were doing that caused them to ban you, I
>assume you were doing one of the above which is grounds for being banned
>from anywhere, not just a NNTP server.


My point was made about SuperNews...and ANY ISP. Be careful...if
they're workin' with your money. They don't hafta give a reason to
ban you...and you'll be out the balance...and with no ISP.


Have a nice week...

Trent

Follow Joan Rivers' example --- get pre-embalmed!
 
Reply With Quote
 
BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2004
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:42:02 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

>Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> What if you interpret the rules differently?
>>
>> YOUR interpretation doesn't matter, you realize. If they say you've
>> violated the rules...you HAVE.
>>

>
>How differently do you have to interpret rules to be banned, Trent? As I
>speak with the supernews guys a few times a week, I know they aren't idiots
>who randomly ban people. The only people who end up banned are spammers,
>copyright violators, people who intentionally attempt to degrade the system
>or do things other than read and post articles, and people who repeatedly
>nymshift. And almost without a doubt those people are warned at least once
>to stop.
>
>As you refuse to state what you were doing that caused them to ban you, I
>assume you were doing one of the above which is grounds for being banned
>from anywhere, not just a NNTP server.


My guess is that he ****ed someone off, and they knew what rules he had
violated. They carefully worded a complaint and that's all it took. You DO
remember Trent's behavior a few years back in the win95 and win98 groups?

8^)>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a breaking news rss feed that really contains breaking news Amy XML 0 02-22-2005 06:31 PM
OT: Job interview, Good news, Bad news LnkWizard MCSE 110 09-22-2004 03:33 PM
Cant get a <div> to display news from Cute News. Talimore HTML 4 07-18-2004 01:49 AM
Increasing news results in the moreover news feeds Paul Briggs HTML 1 06-08-2004 09:12 AM



Advertisments