Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Telus internet in Vancouver, BC, CAN - unable to upload attachment w/ OE 6.0

Telus internet in Vancouver, BC, CAN - unable to upload attachment w/ OE 6.0

Mike

Hello,

I am unable to upload attachment to newsgroup. Everything else works fine.
Does anyone have any idea?

This is error msg I got from Outlook Express when I tried:

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'test; pls ignore',
Account: 'news.telus.net', Server: 'news.telus.net', Protocol: NNTP, Server
Response: '441 Posting Failed (Rejected by POST filter)', Port: 119,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

--
Regards, Mike
"A life lived in fear is a life half-lived" - Fran, from 'Strictly Ballroom'

Thor

newsHaYb.15237$Hy3.161@edtnps89...
> Hello,
>
> I am unable to upload attachment to newsgroup. Everything else works fine.
> Does anyone have any idea?
>
> This is error msg I got from Outlook Express when I tried:
>
> Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'test; pls ignore',
> Account: 'news.telus.net', Server: 'news.telus.net', Protocol: NNTP,

Server
> Response: '441 Posting Failed (Rejected by POST filter)', Port: 119,
> Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

I'd say your news server doesn't accept attachments. Have you tried posting
an attachment to a binary group? It may allow those, but not groups that
lack "binaries" in the name.

Deal worthwhile... Telus offers Dell Notepad? sakimaa@gmail.com Computer Information 2 03-26-2008 04:45 AM
Re: abuse@telus.com Michael A. Terrell Java 0 05-24-2007 07:14 AM
Upload Image TO sever with wse Attachment Fredde ASP .Net Web Services 1 02-04-2005 06:35 PM
Telus TalkBroadband Majortom VOIP 1 07-16-2004 04:41 AM
New TELUS Security policy jynXed Computer Security 6 05-27-2004 12:41 AM

Advertisments