Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > router info

router info

msi

I've got Earthlink powered by comcast as my isp and a Surfobard 4100 i think
modem. i have a linksys 1 port cable/dsl router and also a dlink RP614
router. what i want to do is see how much traffic the internet gets. how
much i download. now, does anyone know of any router that has this like
feature or info built into it? so i could see how much WAN traffic there is?
I wanna keep track of download amount on the WAN only. Software like du
meter does not do this. since i am on a network. i need something to check
the WAN traffic and software like du meter does all tcp/ip lan and wan. so
does anyone know of a router that has this built in that's failry
inexpensive like under $150?

DeMoN LaG

"msi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:20040215091753.145$(E-Mail Removed):

> meter does not do this. since i am on a network. i need something to
> check the WAN traffic and software like du meter does all tcp/ip lan
> and wan. so does anyone know of a router that has this built in that's
> failry inexpensive like under $150?

Is this not the fourth, fifth, or sixth time you've asked this exact same
question this month? Why not try another newsgroup, since no one here
obviously knows an answer?

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Thor

"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> "msi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:20040215091753.145$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > meter does not do this. since i am on a network. i need something to
> > check the WAN traffic and software like du meter does all tcp/ip lan
> > and wan. so does anyone know of a router that has this built in that's
> > failry inexpensive like under $150?
> >

> Is this not the fourth, fifth, or sixth time you've asked this exact same
> question this month? Why not try another newsgroup, since no one here
> obviously knows an answer?

Or wants to, as the case may be.

Duane Arnold

"msi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:20040215091753.145$(E-Mail Removed):

> I've got Earthlink powered by comcast as my isp and a Surfobard 4100 i
> think modem. i have a linksys 1 port cable/dsl router and also a dlink
> RP614 router. what i want to do is see how much traffic the internet
> gets. how much i download. now, does anyone know of any router that
> has this like feature or info built into it? so i could see how much
> WAN traffic there is? I wanna keep track of download amount on the WAN
> only. Software like du meter does not do this. since i am on a
> network. i need something to check the WAN traffic and software like
> du meter does all tcp/ip lan and wan. so does anyone know of a router
> that has this built in that's failry inexpensive like under $150?

Is this an *you're in need of Prozack moment* happening here? <g>

Duane