Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem with shortcut

Problem with shortcut

Fogler

Hi gang, can anyone help with this one ?
Whenever I create and click on the desktop shortcut to
my CD ROM drive (D) i get a message saying
that the drive D is missing or has been moved.
Works fine when I run it from My Computer
Any ideas

Thanks in advance
Foglerman

Oldus Fartus

Fogler wrote:

> Hi gang, can anyone help with this one ?
> Whenever I create and click on the desktop shortcut to
> my CD ROM drive (D) i get a message saying
> that the drive D is missing or has been moved.
> Works fine when I run it from My Computer
> Any ideas

How did you create the shortcut?

I have found if you drag and drop onto the desktop, it gives the result
you have found (in XP), but if I right click, create new shortcut and
then browse to the drive and create the shortcut that way, it opens the
drive, providing of course, a CD is present. If the shortcut just shows
the CD icon, with the shortcut arrow, with the text CD Drive, it should
work fine. If the text shows Shortcut to CD Drive, it only works if
the CD which was in the drive at the time the shortcut was created is in
there again.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus