Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > 486 laptop?

486 laptop?

Rob-J

You want nostolgic, my first system was an 8088 with no hard drive, I then
upgraded to a screaming 286 with an unheard of 6.5 MB drive!

Back then it was windows... what the hell is windows?

colin

Rob-J <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You want nostolgic, my first system was an 8088 with no hard drive, I then
> upgraded to a screaming 286 with an unheard of 6.5 MB drive!
>
> Back then it was windows... what the hell is windows?

What..no C64..deprived childhood.!?!

Chris

"colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0jm2e$17gvd5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> What..no C64..deprived childhood.!?!

I had a C64, a 64C, and an Amiga1200, all are still in a closet here
somewhere.

I must say, I liked the Amiga the best out of the 3. It worked very well.

Shawn

BillKirch wrote:

> >Please no ebay. Sorry, just a principle thing.
> >

> #################
> What does that mean? BG

I've never had experience with ebay before. Has anyone had some
especially bad experiences with it?

Chris

"Shawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've never had experience with ebay before. Has anyone had some
> especially bad experiences with it?

Well....

I've lost bids several times because I didn't have the time to be huddled
near a pc to counter any last-minute bids. Those are one of the most
annoying things to me, and even though there are "automated" bid services,
it's best in my opinion to handle this yourself.

The "maximum bid" is often not calculated by you properly, and sometimes
your opposing bidders will just spout random bids in an attempt to beat that
bid. I prefer to get something I actually want from somewhere I can just
buy it.

Plus, from personal experience, and just browsing eBay, there are alot of
scams. Psychic cat readings from cats over 50 years old, "stratevarius"
violins for $100, etc...
Some of the scams aren't so easy to discover. I just find it easier not to
do business with them.

happy ex tucker

news:UpsXb.233809$(E-Mail Removed). com...

> "Shawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've never had experience with ebay before. Has anyone had some
> > especially bad experiences with it?

> Well....
>
> I've lost bids several times because I didn't have the time to be huddled
> near a pc to counter any last-minute bids. Those are one of the most
> annoying things to me, and even though there are "automated" bid services,
> it's best in my opinion to handle this yourself.
>
> The "maximum bid" is often not calculated by you properly, and sometimes
> your opposing bidders will just spout random bids in an attempt to beat

that
> bid. I prefer to get something I actually want from somewhere I can just
> buy it.
>
> Plus, from personal experience, and just browsing eBay, there are alot of
> scams. Psychic cat readings from cats over 50 years old, "stratevarius"
> violins for $100, etc...
> Some of the scams aren't so easy to discover. I just find it easier not

> do business with them.

I've bought a few things on ebay and due to unemployment have started
selling on ebay. I started out selling some old dishes my mother no longer
wanted. Made more than enough to pay for my digital camera. Then found a
good wholesaler to order name brand clothing from. It comes from bloomies
or ma*cys brand new with the tags. Yes there are a lot of scams but if you
look at the persons feedback and it's all good you can get some good deals.
Big items I'd be afraid of but simple things are generally O.K. I got a 25
foot ethernet cable for under $8 delivered to my door. Just check what the
shipping and handling fees are. In the case of my cable it was .99 but the
shipping fee was around $6.50. But in the office supply stores they were
about $30.00. I always use a credit card when buying. But as a seller I
accept paypal, money orders and personal checks, just wait for the check to
clear before sending the item.

happy ex

Chris

No thanks. I won't trust ebay ever again.

All the good can't make up for what happens when it's bad.