Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Unable to open any folders

Unable to open any folders

transient individual

I can not open any folders like Computer, My Documents, and other
folders. I point my mouse to it, click, and nothing happens. I've
tried altering things in Folder options, and it allows me to click,
but then I can't X out of any window folder that I've opened, and I'm
forced to use Ctrl+Alt+Del all the time. Is there a way to fix this?

Trent©

On 12 Feb 2004 13:16:38 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (transient
individual) wrote:

>I can not open any folders like Computer, My Documents, and other
>folders. I point my mouse to it, click, and nothing happens. I've
>tried altering things in Folder options, and it allows me to click,
>but then I can't X out of any window folder that I've opened, and I'm
>forced to use Ctrl+Alt+Del all the time. Is there a way to fix this?

Are you using Windows 95?

Have a nice week...

Trent

mario

(E-Mail Removed) (transient individual) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I can not open any folders like Computer, My Documents, and other
> folders. I point my mouse to it, click, and nothing happens. I've
> tried altering things in Folder options, and it allows me to click,
> but then I can't X out of any window folder that I've opened, and I'm
> forced to use Ctrl+Alt+Del all the time. Is there a way to fix this?

You might have a programme conflict. to determine this shut dwn all
programmes running in the backgroung except for explorer and systray,
next attempt to open the files. If the problem is resolved you will
have to seek the conflicting programmes by elimination i.e. remove
half of the background programmes... etc. once the conflict is
detected remove the programme from start up (msconfig command at RUN)

Shoud the error persist try clean boot instructions on this will be on
the http://support.microsoft.com/ search for 'clean boot'

I hope this was of help

regards

mario

(E-Mail Removed) (transient individual) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I can not open any folders like Computer, My Documents, and other
> folders. I point my mouse to it, click, and nothing happens. I've
> tried altering things in Folder options, and it allows me to click,
> but then I can't X out of any window folder that I've opened, and I'm
> forced to use Ctrl+Alt+Del all the time. Is there a way to fix this?

You might have a programme conflict. to determine this shut dwn all
programmes running in the backgroung exept for explorer and systray,